Want Noticeably Healthier Skin?
Benefits of a SkinPen® microneedling procedure
- SkinPen® microneedling is minimally invasive and a quick procedure, performed in-office.
- It is the only FDA approved microneedling device on the market.
- Safe for all skin types, light to dark.
- Little recovery downtime makes microneedling an ideal choice for a busy lifestyle, and a great place to start for aesthetic procedures.
- Procedure results are generated from your skin’s natural collagen remodeling and elastin.
- A versatile, precise device for use on most body parts including face, neck, and décolletage.
Our amazing Before & After results were featured on Good Morning America in March of 2014 during a segment on Micro-Needling.
Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation procedure that helps minimize the signs of aging, improve the appearance of acne scars and rejuvenate aging skin.
The SkinPen microneedling device causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate the body’s natural wound healing process. The micro-injuries trigger the release of cytokines and growth factors that lead to remodeling of collagen and elastin.
There are three phases to the wound repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is re-built with new granulation cells, as well as a temporary (type III) collagen and elastin, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound has been replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels. The type III collagen in the newly formed tissue is replaced with stronger type I collagen, which can contract to create a tightening or “shrink wrap” effect on the skin.